Our Services• Flat roofing
• Gutters and Downspouts
• Repair and Maintenance
• Shingle Roofing
Residential ServicesShingle Roofing
Shingle Roofing is by far the most popular choice for most residences in North America. Asphalt shingles cover steep sloped roofs all over the United States and Canada. This kind of shingles was developed over 100 years ago and has proven to be the most cost-effective solution for most roofing needs. They are relatively inexpensive and are quite simple to install.
Another kind of shingles is organic shingles which are made with a base of wood fiber and asphalt. However, in recent times, fiberglass reinforced shingles have become popular with many homeowners in America. One can have a variety of choices of colors and textures with fiberglass shingles so that you can make your home just the way you want it. Moreover, this kind of shingles usually can withstand wear and tear over time and typically obtain class ‘A’ fire rating.
Asphalt shingles are often used in commercial settings as well. They are available in a variety of colors and styles. The shingles are available in
- Basic- 3 tab, signature cut, t-lock or tie lock
- Middle range- architectural (laminated), multi layer, laminated shingles that give a more textured and varied look to the roof
- Top of the line- heavyweight shingles
Benefits of Shingle roofing
• The American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM) has specifications that one must adhere to for roof shingles. This ensures that all products meet the basic quality requirements
• There are many different shapes and textures available that you can choose from to meet your needs
• Protection from wind damage
• Protection from hail damage
• Fire resistant- can meet all required building codes.
• Algae resistant- although algae may not damage your shingles, it can spoil the look of your roof. Different types of treatments are available to make your roof resistant to algae.
• Water repellent- you don’t have to worry about leaks inside your building
• Solar reflecting shingles- can lower your air conditioning costs during hot weather conditions
• Durability- Based on the kind of shingles you choose, manufacturers offer warranties ranging from 20 years to lifetime warranty
• Extended material and labor warranty